gluten-free lemon-blueberry-chia muffins
A baked good that’s bright, zesty, and full of digestive benefits.
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, squeezed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (32 g)
- 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats (80 g)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (78 g), 1 Tbsp reserved
- 3 scoops Youtheory® Spore Probiotic Powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F; line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease well.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except blueberries, chia seeds and reserved almond flour.
- Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Toss berries with reserved almond flour, then fold berries and chia seeds into batter.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake for 28 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a rack for 5 minutes, then turn muffins out onto rack to cool completely.